- May 17, 2019
Would you like to create an “instant” garden at Taunton Flower Show (Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd August 2019)? Each day of Taunton Flower Show we are inviting two teams of two gardeners to compete in our Ready Steady Garden competition and “Pimp a Patio”!
How it will work:
- In advance of the Show Wellington Slabs will kindly lay two small patios, 2.5m x 2.5m. Within the total area (6.25 m2) of each patio, the hard landscaping will cover 3-4 m2, leaving the remaining area empty - just waiting to be pimped with plants!
- TFS will provide two matching sets of plants - sufficient in each set to allow a selection. The plants will be “planted“ in their pots and TFS will provide bark to conceal the pots.
- The gardeners will have the opportunity to see the patios and the plants earlier in the day, then have a couple of hours to think about their design before they start.
- All the gardeners need to bring is themselves, gardening gloves, a trowel, a knife to open the bark sacks and a bucket (flexible is ideal), plus their creativity and enthusiasm! After the hour the finished gardens will be judged - each day there will be a winner’s cup and prizes for the winner and runner up.
- After the Show closes on Day 1 the two gardens will be dismantled and the plants, and bark, positioned ready for a repeat competition on Day 2.
If you would like to help, rather than enter, we would be delighted if you could give us a few hours each day of the show - to meet the teams, be there during the one hour competition and, at the end of each day, help clear away the plants. In between those tasks you will be free to enjoy the show.
All competitors and volunteers will be provided with show passes and permits to park near the showground.
If you would like to enter or to volunteer please contact the Show Office on email@example.com or on 01823 332010