- Oct 14, 2019
We are looking for a new volunteer to run and coordinate the craft and cookery classes at the show.
You do not need to be an expert in these areas, but an interest and some experience is helpful. The main thing is that you are a good organiser, interact well with people, you can work in a team and that you have some time spare to devote to the job.
You would be the person in charge of organising these classes and ensuring they run smoothly at the show.
The main tasks are:
1. November and December – deciding which classes and categories to have for cookery, preserves and crafts at the show. Please see the 2019 schedule on the website for a starting point.
2. January – finding and booking judges (assistance with this will be provided)
3. January through to July – encouraging people to take part by distributing schedules, general publicity and engaging with groups such as WIs etc.
4. Show week – Monday to Wednesday – setting things up in the marquee for the classes, covering the tables and allocating space. There will be stewards to help.
5. Show week – Thursday – greeting exhibitors and helping them set up their exhibits
6. Show time – Friday – working with the judges as they decide prize winners etc.
7. Saturday - interacting with visitors and exhibitors and enjoying the show!
You would not be alone, there is plenty of help and it is a great team in the competitions marquee.
We all work closely together and support each other. You do need to be committed, motivated and available.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Ian Coleby by email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 07707 451 466 / 01823 413368.