Register your interest
If you would like to offer your help please complete this form, and return to us.
if you have any queries, please contact our volunteers co-ordinator Beccy via email email@example.com, or call 01823 332010
Taunton Flower Show is a great community event, attracting many thousands of local residents as well as visitors from the wider region. However, the show would not be possible without the willing help of its many volunteers.
From the Chairman's role, the Executive Committee members, the various show department coordinators through to those who staff marquees, gates and car parks, Taunton Flower Show is a brilliant example of a volunteer force working together to produce one of the most prestigious shows in the south west.
Why not join us?
Every year we rely on the help of about 250 volunteers who work in all sorts of capacities - for which we are always welcoming new volunteers to help with - and include
- Selling tickets and stewarding at the gates
- Stewarding in the main marquees and the three car park areas
- Selling programmes
- Driving buggies for those visitors who need help getting from car park to gate
- Gate stewarding in the days before the show when the park is closed to the public
- Assisting in the competition marquee in advance of the show
- Organising exhibitor car parking the day before the show
- Stacking chairs and tables and litter picking the day after the show
- Helping with marketing, social media and questionnaires
Benefits for all volunteer positions
We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of 2 hours, either before, during or after the show. In return they will receive FREE ENTRY and parking and a refreshment voucher commensurate with the hours they have worked which can be exchanged for drink or food with any food retailer at the show. Those who offer 4 hours or more will also be invited to a “thank you” evening meal and social, which last year was held at the Monkton Elm Garden Centre in late August